San Mateo Co. looks to build new fire station
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- San Mateo County is looking to build a new fire station on Skyline Boulevard but it would come at the expense of two existing fire houses in Millbrae and Burlingame.
Central County Fire officials say the new station would save the cities $1 million dollars a year.
The new station would not be far from the existing stations on Hillside and Crestview Drives.
A meeting on the proposal will be held Tuesday night at Burlingame City Hall.
san mateo county, burlingame, millbrae, peninsula news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 8 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 58 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday