String of burglaries reported using garage, side doors
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- Burglars have entered several homes in Half Moon Bay through unlocked garage doors or side doors, and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office is warning residents to be alert.
Burglaries have occurred on the 1000 block of Third Avenue, on the 400 block of Grand Boulevard and on the 300 block of Valdez Avenue, according to Sgt. Jim Gilletti.
The burglaries have mostly occurred during daylight hours.
Gilletti noted that in other jurisdictions, thieves have often walked door to door, knocked on doors and then enter through a side or garage door once they have determined no one is home. If someone answers the door, they will make up a phony reason for knocking.
Residents who see something suspicious should call sheriff's dispatch at (650) 363-4911.
crime, half moon bay, peninsula news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 51 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 31 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 34 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
12 min ago