Pescadero stolen car chase ends in Redwood City
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- A male and female suspect were detained Thursday morning after a car chase that started in the Pescadero area and ended near Redwood City, according to the CHP and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
The chase began after the sheriff's office received a report of a reckless driver who was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Santa Cruz County and was heading north on state Highway 1 near Davenport, sheriff's Deputy Rebecca Rosenblatt said.
A deputy spotted the vehicle on the highway near Pescadero.
California Highway Patrol spokesman Officer Art Montiel said the deputy determined that the car had been reported as stolen.
A lengthy pursuit ensued from Highway 1 onto state Highway 84. At the spot where Highway 84 meets Interstate Highway 280 near Woodside, the suspect vehicle crashed into two other cars, Montiel said.
The CHP continued chasing the vehicle, and the pursuit ended on northbound I-280 just north of Edgewood Road near Redwood City around 10:30 a.m., according to Montiel.
The male driver and his female passenger were both detained, he said.
No injuries were reported, Montiel said.
redwood city, santa cruz county, police chase, crime, CHP, hit and run, highway 1, I-280, peninsula news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos