Five Hillsborough homes damaged in fire Friday evening
HILLSBOROUGH, Calif. -- A fire in Hillsborough damaged five homes Friday evening, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Central County firefighters received a report of a structure fire in the 1800 block of Black Mountain Road at about 4:53 p.m., according to sheriff's deputies.
Two homes were fully involved in the fire and three nearby homes were also damaged.
All residents of the five homes were accounted for and no injuries were sustained as a result of the fire, deputies said.
The fire was brought under control and extinguished within two hours of the initial report, sheriff's deputies said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation by police and fire officials.
hillsborough, fire, evacuation, peninsula news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 40 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday