Five Hillsborough homes damaged in fire Friday evening
HILLSBOROUGH, Calif. -- A fire in Hillsborough damaged five homes Friday evening, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Central County firefighters received a report of a structure fire in the 1800 block of Black Mountain Road at about 4:53 p.m., according to sheriff's deputies.
Two homes were fully involved in the fire and three nearby homes were also damaged.
All residents of the five homes were accounted for and no injuries were sustained as a result of the fire, deputies said.
The fire was brought under control and extinguished within two hours of the initial report, sheriff's deputies said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation by police and fire officials.
hillsborough, fire, evacuation, peninsula news
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home 5 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 56 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae 23 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday