One man shot, injured in East Palo Alto drive-by shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that left one man injured on Saturday night.
Officers responded to an activation of the Shot Spotter system that detected multiple gunshots in the 2100 block of Cooley Avenue at about 9:05 p.m., according to East Palo Alto police Sgt. Jeff Liu.
Arriving officers found a 30-year-old East Palo Alto man who had been shot in the torso several times, police said.
The victim was taken to a hospital and was reported to be in serious but stable condition.
A preliminary investigation revealed the man had been standing in his driveway when a silver or gray sedan drove up and stopped, police said.
Someone fired several shots from inside the car, which drove off on Cooley Avenue.
Anyone who might have witnessed the shooting is asked to contact East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112.
east palo alto, shooting, crime, peninsula news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos