One man shot, injured in East Palo Alto drive-by shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that left one man injured on Saturday night.
Officers responded to an activation of the Shot Spotter system that detected multiple gunshots in the 2100 block of Cooley Avenue at about 9:05 p.m., according to East Palo Alto police Sgt. Jeff Liu.
Arriving officers found a 30-year-old East Palo Alto man who had been shot in the torso several times, police said.
The victim was taken to a hospital and was reported to be in serious but stable condition.
A preliminary investigation revealed the man had been standing in his driveway when a silver or gray sedan drove up and stopped, police said.
Someone fired several shots from inside the car, which drove off on Cooley Avenue.
Anyone who might have witnessed the shooting is asked to contact East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112.
east palo alto, shooting, crime, peninsula news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos