6 shot near East Palo Alto McDonald's
Six people appear to have been shot in East Palo Alto this afternoon near a McDonalds on University Avenue, according to a fire official.
The incident was reported shortly after 2:45 p.m. at the McDonalds at 2401 University Ave., according to Menlo Park Fire Department Chief Harold Shapelhouman.
Firefighters arriving on the scene found six people with gunshot wounds, four inside the restaurant and two outside, but it is unclear where they were shot, Schapelhouman said.
One person, an adult male in his 20s, received more serious injuries and was immediately taken by ambulance to Stanford Medical Center for treatment.
Five others, ranging from an apparently elderly woman to a child somewhere around age six, received less serious injuries, mostly to the lower extremities, Schapelhouman said.
All victims were taken to Stanford Medical Center for treatment.
East Palo Alto Police, including Chief Ronald Davis, are on the scene now, Schapelhouman said.
shooting, crime, east palo alto, guns, peninsula news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 2 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 28 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
2 min ago