6 shot near East Palo Alto McDonald's
Six people appear to have been shot in East Palo Alto this afternoon near a McDonalds on University Avenue, according to a fire official.
The incident was reported shortly after 2:45 p.m. at the McDonalds at 2401 University Ave., according to Menlo Park Fire Department Chief Harold Shapelhouman.
Firefighters arriving on the scene found six people with gunshot wounds, four inside the restaurant and two outside, but it is unclear where they were shot, Schapelhouman said.
One person, an adult male in his 20s, received more serious injuries and was immediately taken by ambulance to Stanford Medical Center for treatment.
Five others, ranging from an apparently elderly woman to a child somewhere around age six, received less serious injuries, mostly to the lower extremities, Schapelhouman said.
All victims were taken to Stanford Medical Center for treatment.
East Palo Alto Police, including Chief Ronald Davis, are on the scene now, Schapelhouman said.
shooting, crime, east palo alto, guns, peninsula news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 56 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday