Pacifica police seek suspect in skateboard assault
PACIFICA, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in locating a suspect who beat and seriously injured a driver following a car crash in Pacifica last month.
Police said officers responded to reports of the assault at the Fairmont Shopping Center, off of Hickey Boulevard, around 11:55 p.m. on April 27.
The victim and suspect had been involved in a car crash on southbound state Highway 35 near Hickey Boulevard prior to the assault, according to police.
After the crash, the two drivers went to the Fairmont Shopping Center to exchange personal information. While the victim was getting documents from his car's glove box, the driver of the other vehicle struck him with a skateboard, police said.
Police said the suspect used the skateboard to strike the victim in the head and face multiple times, causing serious injuries. The suspect then fled the scene before officers arrived, and has not been located.
Police said the suspect is described as a young black man between 17 and 23 years old who is about 5 feet 9 inches tall with dark eyes, black hair and a slim build.
A passenger in the suspect's car at the time of the assault is described as a young black woman between 17 and 23 years old with dark eyes, black hair and a chubby build.
Police have released renderings of both the suspect and passenger.
The suspect vehicle is described as a blue four-door sedan.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Pacifica police Detective Glasgo at (650) 738-7314.
pacifica, crime, violence, crash, peninsula news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF 29 min ago
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
6 min ago