Coast Guard rescues paraglider from Daly City cliff
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A paraglider was rescued last night after getting stuck on a cliff at Mussel Rock in Daly City.
The fire department was not able to rescue the man, so a Coast Guard helicopter was sent to get him off the cliff. The man was put in a helicopter basket that flew him back to land where an ambulance was waiting to take him to the hospital for his injuries.
The extent of the man's injuries have not been released at this time.
daly city, coast guard, peninsula news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 29 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday