Coast Guard rescues paraglider from Daly City cliff
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A paraglider was rescued last night after getting stuck on a cliff at Mussel Rock in Daly City.
The fire department was not able to rescue the man, so a Coast Guard helicopter was sent to get him off the cliff. The man was put in a helicopter basket that flew him back to land where an ambulance was waiting to take him to the hospital for his injuries.
The extent of the man's injuries have not been released at this time.
daly city, coast guard, peninsula news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season 50 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket 43 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea 57 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos