Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A woman is in critical condition after she was hit by a construction van while she was out for a morning walk in San Mateo Thursday morning.
The accident happened on Alameda de Las Pulgas near Portola Drive shortly before 8:30 a.m.
Police say the the woman who is in her 60s was using the crosswalk when she was hit.
pedestrian struck, san mateo, peninsula news
- Malaysia Airlines plane hijacked, steered off-course
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos