Volunteers help spruce up San Bruno American Legion
Dozens of volunteers finished the job of sprucing up the American Legion hall in San Bruno. The crew included firefighters and Sears's associates.
They painted and put in a new lawn at Post 409.
The group known as Rebuilding Together led another volunteer day when major renovations took place inside the American Legion building.
Local veterans say their building is more than 100 years old. It serves as a hub of community services, not only for veterans but also for their neighbors in San Bruno.
san bruno, veterans, sears, peninsula news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 47 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot in San Rafael 3 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday