Man attempted to abduct girl in Pacifica
PACIFICA, Calif. (KGO) -- Pacifica police are looking for a man who tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl on Sunday.
Police say the man approached the girl near Beach Boulevard and Santa Rosa Avenue yesterday afternoon and tried to grab her, but she punched him and got away.
The man was last seen on Santa Rosa Avenue. He's described as a white man 30 to 40-years-old, about six-feet, with a stocky build and brown hair.
STORY UPDATE: (June 19, 2013) The Pacifica Police Department came out with a statement saying this report was false. They said "During final interviews, both alleged victim and witness admitted the reported crime had not taken place."
crime, pacifica, peninsula news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 13 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 7 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 50 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 25 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 17 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos