Man attempted to abduct girl in Pacifica
PACIFICA, Calif. (KGO) -- Pacifica police are looking for a man who tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl on Sunday.
Police say the man approached the girl near Beach Boulevard and Santa Rosa Avenue yesterday afternoon and tried to grab her, but she punched him and got away.
The man was last seen on Santa Rosa Avenue. He's described as a white man 30 to 40-years-old, about six-feet, with a stocky build and brown hair.
STORY UPDATE: (June 19, 2013) The Pacifica Police Department came out with a statement saying this report was false. They said "During final interviews, both alleged victim and witness admitted the reported crime had not taken place."
crime, pacifica, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 2 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 28 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 14 min ago