Man attempted to abduct girl in Pacifica
PACIFICA, Calif. (KGO) -- Pacifica police are looking for a man who tried to abduct a 10-year-old girl on Sunday.
Police say the man approached the girl near Beach Boulevard and Santa Rosa Avenue yesterday afternoon and tried to grab her, but she punched him and got away.
The man was last seen on Santa Rosa Avenue. He's described as a white man 30 to 40-years-old, about six-feet, with a stocky build and brown hair.
STORY UPDATE: (June 19, 2013) The Pacifica Police Department came out with a statement saying this report was false. They said "During final interviews, both alleged victim and witness admitted the reported crime had not taken place."
crime, pacifica, peninsula news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued