Police seek witnesses to drive-by shooting that injured two men
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- Police in Menlo Park are continuing to search for witnesses to a drive-by shooting that left two men injured over the weekend.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired and possible victims in the 400 block of Hamilton Avenue at about 10:15 p.m. Friday, according to Menlo Park police.
They were initially unable to locate any shooting victims, and potential witnesses in the area were uncooperative, police said.
Investigators later learned that a 22-year-old Fremont man and a 27-year-old Menlo Park man had walked into a local hospital with gunshot wounds, police said.
Their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
The victims told police they had been sitting in the driveway of a home on Hamilton Avenue when a light-colored SUV pulled up in front of the house and someone inside the SUV opened fire, police said.
The vehicle was last seen heading north on Hamilton Avenue.
There was no further description of the suspects, police said.
Anyone with more information about the shooting is asked to contact Menlo Park police at (650) 330-6300 or call the anonymous tip line at (650) 330-6395.
drive by shooting, menlo park, crime, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 11 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 30 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos