Man shot in face in possible road rage incident
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A man was shot in the face following a possible road rage incident early Friday morning in East Palo Alto, according to police.
Officers were dispatched to 1017 Beech St. on a report of a shooting at about 12:45 a.m.
Upon arrival, officers located a 32-year-old East Palo Alto man sitting on the sidewalk in the 1000 block of Beech Street.
According to police, the victim appeared to be suffering from a gunshot wound to his face. He was transported to a local hospital and is in stable condition this morning.
Police said the preliminary statements from the victim and witnesses were conflicting and inconsistent. Police believe the shooting may have occurred after a vehicle collision that turned into a road rage incident.
East Palo Alto detectives located a possible suspect vehicle, however the occupants of the vehicle also gave conflicting statements to officers.
No suspects have been detained as of this morning, police said.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or has any information is urged to contact East Palo Alto police by sending an anonymous email to epatipnow.org or sending an anonymous text from a cellphone to (650) 409-6792 or by leaving an anonymous voicemail by calling (650) 409-6792 or (650) 853-8477.
east palo alto, crime, shooting, peninsula news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 46 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton 12 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view 48 min ago
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday