Peninsula girl has lunch with first lady Michelle Obama
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- A peninsula girl and her mom are at the White House Tuesday morning to have lunch with first lady Michelle Obama.
Rose Scott is one of 54 winners in a nationwide recipe challenge to promote healthy lunches as part of the first lady's let's move initiative.
Mrs. Obama said this is one of her favorite events at the White House.
"Because we get to see how talented and creative and brilliant all of you young people can be. And then we get to show the world. And we don't just get to see it, we get to taste it," she said.
Some of those dishes include: Alaskan ceviche with mango, confetti spring rolls, sushi salad and quinoa risotto with shrimp and kale.
food, michelle obama, white house, peninsula news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos