Fire at apartment complex in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters in San Mateo extinguished a three-alarm blaze at an apartment complex early this morning.
Crews were called to the complex on the 220 block of Bridgepointe Parkway, across from the Bridgepoint Shopping Center shortly after 1 a.m. More than 100 residents were evacuated and then allowed to return home. However, residents in six units which were damaged by smoke and water have not been allowed to return.
Investigators say the fire started inside a dryer vent and spread between the walls.
There are no reports of injuries.
san mateo, fire, peninsula news, matt keller
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 41 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday