Teenage girl critically injured in East Palo Alto crash
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A teenage girl is clinging to life after a collision Wednesday evening in East Palo Alto, a police spokeswoman said Thursday.
Officers responded to a report of a crash in the 1900 block of Pulgas Avenue just after 7 p.m., Officer Veronica Barries said.
They arrived to find a Toyota Camry on its side. Two teenage girls had been removed from the car by bystanders and were found on the roadway, she said.
It is not yet known what led up to the crash, but Barries said the Camry collided with a car traveling in the opposite direction, and then hit several parked vehicles.
Menlo Park fire personnel responded and treated the girls at the scene, and they were then transported to a hospital, Barries said. One victim is in stable condition today, but the other is in critical condition, she said.
The person in the other car involved in the collision was treated at the scene and released.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112 or make an anonymous call to (650) 409-6792. Anonymous tips can be emailed to epatipnow.org.
east palo alto, crash, driving, peninsula news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 30 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
30 min ago