Man fatally shot in car in East Palo Alto ID'd as Fremont resident
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A 19-year-old man who was shot and killed in East Palo Alto on Tuesday night has been identified by the San Mateo County coroner's office as Fremont resident Raymond Lewin-Phipps.
Lewin-Phipps was found in slumped over in the driver's seat of a car parked in the 2500 block of Emmett Way around 10:10 p.m. He had at been shot at least once, police said.
He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Detective Tommy Phengsene at (650) 798-5947 or East Palo Alto police dispatch at (650) 321-1112. Anonymous emails, texts or voicemails can be sent to epatipnow.org or (650) 409-6792.
east palo alto, fremont, crime, shooting, guns, peninsula news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 16 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 58 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday