Man fatally shot in car in East Palo Alto ID'd as Fremont resident
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A 19-year-old man who was shot and killed in East Palo Alto on Tuesday night has been identified by the San Mateo County coroner's office as Fremont resident Raymond Lewin-Phipps.
Lewin-Phipps was found in slumped over in the driver's seat of a car parked in the 2500 block of Emmett Way around 10:10 p.m. He had at been shot at least once, police said.
He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Detective Tommy Phengsene at (650) 798-5947 or East Palo Alto police dispatch at (650) 321-1112. Anonymous emails, texts or voicemails can be sent to epatipnow.org or (650) 409-6792.
east palo alto, fremont, crime, shooting, guns, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos