Two men hurt in East Palo Alto shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Two people were injured in a shooting in East Palo Alto on Saturday night, according to police.
Officers responded to an activation of the Shot Spotter gunshot detection system at 2535 Farrington St. at about 10:05 p.m., according to East Palo Alto police.
Arriving officers found an 18-year-old Menlo Park man suffering from a gunshot wound in the front yard, police said.
He told police that another shooting victim was inside the house, police said.
During a search of the residence, police found a 19-year-old East Palo Alto man who had been shot.
The two victims were taken to a hospital with injuries that were not life threatening, police said.
A preliminary investigation revealed that two gunmen had walked up and fired as many as 30 rounds into the house, police said.
The shooters fled on foot and were possibly picked up by a dark sedan.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the East Palo Alto police tip line at (650) 409-6792.
east palo alto, menlo park, shooting, crime, guns, violence, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 26 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 19 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos