Two men hurt in East Palo Alto shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Two people were injured in a shooting in East Palo Alto on Saturday night, according to police.
Officers responded to an activation of the Shot Spotter gunshot detection system at 2535 Farrington St. at about 10:05 p.m., according to East Palo Alto police.
Arriving officers found an 18-year-old Menlo Park man suffering from a gunshot wound in the front yard, police said.
He told police that another shooting victim was inside the house, police said.
During a search of the residence, police found a 19-year-old East Palo Alto man who had been shot.
The two victims were taken to a hospital with injuries that were not life threatening, police said.
A preliminary investigation revealed that two gunmen had walked up and fired as many as 30 rounds into the house, police said.
The shooters fled on foot and were possibly picked up by a dark sedan.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the East Palo Alto police tip line at (650) 409-6792.
east palo alto, menlo park, shooting, crime, guns, violence, peninsula news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 42 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 52 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 40 min ago
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 3 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 7 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos