Two teens shot Wednesday night in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Police need help in catching a man who opened fire on two teenagers standing in a yard in East Palo Alto. The teens survived and told police the gunman drove up to a house on Farrington Way, got out and started shooting.
Four shootings have taken place at two neighboring homes on Farrington Way since May. The most recent came last night, just before 11.
"I heard like 20 shots outside, then I peeked up to the window right there and you can't really see much in the nighttime. I was hoping everyone was okay," said neighbor Jason Chand.
A bullet was found resting in the front yard. Two brothers, ages 16 and 17-years-old were hit. The 16-year-old was hit in the thigh. He went to school this morning, but returned home in pain.
"It hurts. I don't know, it's the worst pain I ever felt in my life. I've never been shot before. I don't want to get shot again," said the teen.
The 17-year-old was hit twice in the foot and ankle. He's still in the hospital. Police say the teens are gang members. The 16-year-old said his older brother has been shot five times; the last time was in May. He says he's hoping to avoid trouble in the future.
"I just want everyone to figure everything out, so I don't get shot again because it hurts. I don't want it to happen again," said the teen.
Police say the description of last night's shooter matches the description of the person wanted in a shooting at this house next door on Labor Day. His vehicle is described as a silver, newer model Honda.
east palo alto, shooting, crime, peninsula news, matt keller
- Underground fire forcing evacuations in Oakland 5 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Oakland robberies; Pitcher makes donation 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday