Belmont police seek car burglar suspect
BELMONT, Calif. -- Police in Belmont are asking for the public to help identify a burglar wanted in connection with a series of vehicle break-ins at the Belmont Sports Complex.
On three consecutive Sundays since Sept. 8, cars parked at the sports complex at 550 Island Parkway were broken into during little league baseball games, Belmont police Capt. Patrick Halleran said.
In each case, the suspect smashed a window or forced open a door and took a purse or wallet that had been left in the vehicle by the victims, police said.
The suspect then used the victims' credit cards to purchase several power tools, police said.
The suspect was described as a white male adult with a slim build, a long ponytail and receding hair. He has facial hair that varies between a beard, goatee and moustache. He has been seen wearing a black T-shirt, black pants, and sometimes a black hat.
The suspect is possibly associated with a late 1990's or early 2000's Ford Ranger pickup truck that is tan or light-colored.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect is asked to contact Belmont police at (650) 595-7400 or the tip line at (650) 596-3000.
crime, belmont, peninsula news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 17 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 5 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 37 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
38 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY...
17 min ago