Man fatally struck in Atherton hit-and-run
ATHERTON, Calif. -- A pedestrian was fatally struck in a hit-and-run in Atherton this morning, a police lieutenant said.
Police received a call at 5:46 a.m. from someone who said they saw a body on the side of the road on Glenwood Avenue near Middlefield Road, Atherton police Lt. Joe Wade said.
Officers responded and found that a man believed to be between 25 and 40 years old had been struck and killed by a vehicle, Wade said. The man's name was not immediately being released.
The vehicle that struck the pedestrian drove away and has not been found, Wade said.
He said anyone who may have witnessed the hit-and-run or who has information about the case is asked to call Atherton police at (650) 688-6500.
Middlefield Road, a main thoroughfare in Atherton, was expected to be closed between Oak Grove and Encinal avenues until later this morning while police investigate the death, Wade said.
atherton, hit and run, peninsula news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 56 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
56 min ago