Brush fire in San Bruno prompts some road closures
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- San Bruno police blockeded off traffic in the area of Sneath Lane and Engvall Court in San Bruno just west of Interstate Highway 280 due to a nearby grass fire, according to police.
The San Bruno Fire Department received a call at 11:31 a.m. about the grass fire in the 2100 block of Sneath near Engvall, a fire department dispatcher said.
Firefighters formed a line around the fire and had contained it as of about 12:30 p.m., the fire dispatcher said.
The fire burned a canyon of dry grass next to the Quail Point apartment complex.
Police say no injuries were reported.
ABC7 News contributed to this story.
I-280, brush fire, san bruno, peninsula news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case