Brush fire in San Bruno prompts some road closures
SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- San Bruno police blockeded off traffic in the area of Sneath Lane and Engvall Court in San Bruno just west of Interstate Highway 280 due to a nearby grass fire, according to police.
The San Bruno Fire Department received a call at 11:31 a.m. about the grass fire in the 2100 block of Sneath near Engvall, a fire department dispatcher said.
Firefighters formed a line around the fire and had contained it as of about 12:30 p.m., the fire dispatcher said.
The fire burned a canyon of dry grass next to the Quail Point apartment complex.
Police say no injuries were reported.
ABC7 News contributed to this story.
I-280, brush fire, san bruno, peninsula news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday