Zuckerberg buys four homes next to his property
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Some lucky homeowners in Palo Alto are benefiting from a real estate boom in one neighborhood thanks to a very friendly buyer. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has reportedly bought four homes next to his five-bedroom Palo Alto property.
$14.5 million may sound like enough to buy a mansion, but in the Crescent Park neighborhood of Palo Alto, it got 2,600 square feet on less than four-tenths of an acre. But when the house is just behind and to the side of Zuckerberg's house, it's apparently worth a lot more than it seems.
Alex Comsa is the real estate person who helped unravel the mystery of so why the cluster of four homes have sold for so much more than their values.
"It's nice to have someone like Mark living next door because these guys hit the jackpot," Comsa said.
It began when an investment group linked to Zuckerberg bought the house next door. Then the word got out that the social network king wanted a little privacy.
Homes in the neighborhood had previously been valued in the $3.5 million range.
In all, the San Jose Mercury News reports Zuckerberg spent more than $30 million for the four homes. But he doesn't plan on building a mega-mansion; he reportedly started buying up the properties when he heard a developer was planning on buying one of the homes next to his.
Nothing beats adding a few front yards, to your back one.
facebook, mark zuckerberg, housing market, palo alto, peninsula news, wayne freedman
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 14 min ago
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam 18 min ago
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 53 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
45 min ago