Atherton to consider ban on vehicle camping
ATHERTON, Calif. (KGO) -- Sleeping in your car may soon be illegal in Atherton.
Our media partner the San Jose Mercury News reports that the city council will consider a ban on vehicle camping Wednesday.
Under the proposed law, sleeping in your car or trailer would be illegal between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
If approved, anyone caught camping overnight could face up to six months in jail or a fine up to a thousand dollars.
The move follows the recent passing of a similar law in nearby Palo Alto.
atherton, homeless, peninsula news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 34 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael 38 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Facebook to join S&P 500 44 min ago
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- Judges extend Calif. deadline for inmate reduction 36 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago 44 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 33 min ago
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San...
38 min ago