PG&E venting natural gas in San Bruno
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- PG&E is venting natural gas in the same San Bruno neighborhood devastated by an explosion that claimed eight lives three years ago.
Crews are working on a gas pipeline at the intersection of Glenview and estates drives in the city's Crestmoor neighborhood.
PG&E is warning there may be a gas odor in the area during the venting process. Crews expect to finish by one this afternoon. PG&E says this is normal upkeep on a distribution line. It's not as large as a transmission line.. which was the source of the explosion in 2010.
PG&E, san bruno, peninsula news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 42 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts