PG&E venting natural gas in San Bruno
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- PG&E is venting natural gas in the same San Bruno neighborhood devastated by an explosion that claimed eight lives three years ago.
Crews are working on a gas pipeline at the intersection of Glenview and estates drives in the city's Crestmoor neighborhood.
PG&E is warning there may be a gas odor in the area during the venting process. Crews expect to finish by one this afternoon. PG&E says this is normal upkeep on a distribution line. It's not as large as a transmission line.. which was the source of the explosion in 2010.
PG&E, san bruno, peninsula news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...