Shoppers rush for last-minute Halloween costumes
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Nothing is scarier on Halloween than being the last person to find a costume and there are a lot of procrastinators this year.
Workers at Spirit Halloween in Palo Alto say they're expecting to be super busy as people look for last- minute costumes. There are still a lot of costumes at the store in downtown Palo Alto even though it's been what they call a very busy season. The National Retail Federation says people are spending $2.6 billion on costumes this year.
Spirit Halloween employees in Palo Alto say for adults, some of the most popular costumes this year are superheroes and Walking Dead characters. For kids, it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, anything Disney, and Dog McStuffins. Traditional costumes like princesses, vampires, and witches also seem to be popular year after year.
Costumes for dogs and cats sold out at Spirit Halloween in Palo Alto and that's no big surprise considering people are expected to spend $330 million on their pets this Halloween.
halloween, animal, palo alto, holiday, retail, shopping, peninsula news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 55 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos