Elderly, at-risk man gone missing after arriving at SFO
SAN FRANCISCO -- Authorities are asking for the public's help in locating an elderly, at-risk Daly City man who went missing after arriving at San Francisco International Airport from Oregon on Friday.
Benito Segura-Jimenez, 76, arrived at the airport on Friday morning but was not there when his family went to pick him up, as they had arranged, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials said he was last seen getting into a yellow taxicab at the airport around 9:30 a.m. and was dropped off at the intersection of John Daly Boulevard and Mission Street in Daly City.
Segura-Jimenez suffers from dementia and schizophrenia and speaks Spanish, according to sheriff's officials.
The 76-year-old lives with his family in Daly City.
He is a Hispanic man with gray hair and brown eyes who is 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs about 150 pounds.
Authorities are asking anyone who locates Segura-Jimenez to check his welfare and notify the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office at (650) 363-4911 or Detective Stephanie Josephson at (650) 740-9136
missing person, san francisco international airport, daly city, peninsula news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 48 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos