Elderly, at-risk man gone missing after arriving at SFO
SAN FRANCISCO -- Authorities are asking for the public's help in locating an elderly, at-risk Daly City man who went missing after arriving at San Francisco International Airport from Oregon on Friday.
Benito Segura-Jimenez, 76, arrived at the airport on Friday morning but was not there when his family went to pick him up, as they had arranged, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials said he was last seen getting into a yellow taxicab at the airport around 9:30 a.m. and was dropped off at the intersection of John Daly Boulevard and Mission Street in Daly City.
Segura-Jimenez suffers from dementia and schizophrenia and speaks Spanish, according to sheriff's officials.
The 76-year-old lives with his family in Daly City.
He is a Hispanic man with gray hair and brown eyes who is 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs about 150 pounds.
Authorities are asking anyone who locates Segura-Jimenez to check his welfare and notify the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office at (650) 363-4911 or Detective Stephanie Josephson at (650) 740-9136
missing person, san francisco international airport, daly city, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos