Parents of Asiana teen killed sue city of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The parents of the teen killed after the Asiana crash at SFO have filed a legal claim against the city of San Francisco.
Mengyuan Ye died on July 6, 2013 after she was hit by two fire San Francisco Fire Department trucks at the scene of the plane crash.
The girl's parents claim the firefighters knowingly put the 16-year-old in harm's way after the crash. The claim says the girl was killed as a result of gross negligence.
If the city rejects the claim, the family can file a lawsuit.
Asiana Airlines crash, plane crash, crash, san francisco international airport, china, NTSB, lawsuit, peninsula news
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 40 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 23 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 27 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire