Parents of Asiana teen killed sue city of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The parents of the teen killed after the Asiana crash at SFO have filed a legal claim against the city of San Francisco.
Mengyuan Ye died on July 6, 2013 after she was hit by two fire San Francisco Fire Department trucks at the scene of the plane crash.
The girl's parents claim the firefighters knowingly put the 16-year-old in harm's way after the crash. The claim says the girl was killed as a result of gross negligence.
If the city rejects the claim, the family can file a lawsuit.
Asiana Airlines crash, plane crash, crash, san francisco international airport, china, NTSB, lawsuit, peninsula news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 26 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos