Parents of Asiana teen killed sue city of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The parents of the teen killed after the Asiana crash at SFO have filed a legal claim against the city of San Francisco.
Mengyuan Ye died on July 6, 2013 after she was hit by two fire San Francisco Fire Department trucks at the scene of the plane crash.
The girl's parents claim the firefighters knowingly put the 16-year-old in harm's way after the crash. The claim says the girl was killed as a result of gross negligence.
If the city rejects the claim, the family can file a lawsuit.
Asiana Airlines crash, plane crash, crash, san francisco international airport, china, NTSB, lawsuit, peninsula news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued