San Mateo County wildfire contained
SAN GREGORIO, Calif. -- Fire crews in San Mateo County will remain at the scene of a grass fire until this evening after containing a blaze that burned roughly 4 acres, a fire captain said.
Crews from Cal Fire and San Mateo County fire responded to a report of a grass fire in the area of state Highway 84, near Stage Road, in La Honda at about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday, Cal Fire Capt. Gary Silva said.
After battling the blaze for more than four hours, crews were able to fully contain it at about 1:10 a.m. today, Silva said.
No structures were damaged in the fire that burned 4.1 acres and no one was injured, according to Silva.
Silva said crews will remain at the scene until late this afternoon or early this evening to clean up and prevent any flare-ups.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
san mateo county, cal fire, fire, wildfire, peninsula news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 14 min ago
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos