Florida man caught carrying 14 pounds of marijuana at SFO
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT -- A Florida man was arrested for allegedly carrying 14 pounds of marijuana at San Francisco International Airport last week.
San Francisco police officers of the department's SFO airport bureau were dispatched to Boarding Area C at Terminal 1 and learned that a passenger had the marijuana in his carry-on baggage around 10:10 p.m. on Jan. 24, sheriff's officials said.
The passenger was identified as 32-year-old Micky Roy Rivera, who was found with the marijuana while he screened through airport security, according to sheriff's officials.
Investigators learned that Rivera was paid to travel to California to pick up the marijuana and bring it back to Florida, sheriff's officials said.
Rivera was booked into San Mateo County Jail on charges of possession of marijuana for sale and transportation of marijuana.
san francisco international airport, marijuana, drugs, crime, travel, peninsula news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 54 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 23 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 39 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos