16 pound baby born to Daly City family
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Parents with newborns sometimes like to brag about how big their baby is, but none can tell stories like one Daly City family.
When little Sammisano was born in August, he weighed in at more than 16 pounds. That's more than twice an average baby weight. At five months, he now wears clothes for a two-year-old.
And that's not the only challenge. Samissano is so big, he outgrew his baby tub. And mom says the five-month-old is about to outgrow the sink too.
His family is investigating if he is the biggest baby ever born in the state of California.
children, daly city, peninsula news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 21 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 1 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan