16 pound baby born to Daly City family
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Parents with newborns sometimes like to brag about how big their baby is, but none can tell stories like one Daly City family.
When little Sammisano was born in August, he weighed in at more than 16 pounds. That's more than twice an average baby weight. At five months, he now wears clothes for a two-year-old.
And that's not the only challenge. Samissano is so big, he outgrew his baby tub. And mom says the five-month-old is about to outgrow the sink too.
His family is investigating if he is the biggest baby ever born in the state of California.
children, daly city, peninsula news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 53 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
33 min ago