San Francisco News
Scooter rider involved in DUI crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An Oakland woman was arrested late Thursday in San Francisco after crashing her car into and severely injuring another woman riding a motor scooter in the city's West Portal neighborhood, police said.
The crash happened just after 11 p.m. at the intersection of Portola Drive and Claremont Avenue, when the vehicle turned left onto Claremont Avenue and hit the 2002 Honda scooter, sending the woman to San Francisco General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The woman later had to have one of her legs amputated below the knee, police said.
Oakland resident Felica Stenson, 35, was arrested and booked on a felony charge of driving under the influence, according to police.
Stenson is being held in San Francisco County Jail on $50,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department.
san francisco news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos