San Francisco News
Scooter rider involved in DUI crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An Oakland woman was arrested late Thursday in San Francisco after crashing her car into and severely injuring another woman riding a motor scooter in the city's West Portal neighborhood, police said.
The crash happened just after 11 p.m. at the intersection of Portola Drive and Claremont Avenue, when the vehicle turned left onto Claremont Avenue and hit the 2002 Honda scooter, sending the woman to San Francisco General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The woman later had to have one of her legs amputated below the knee, police said.
Oakland resident Felica Stenson, 35, was arrested and booked on a felony charge of driving under the influence, according to police.
Stenson is being held in San Francisco County Jail on $50,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department.
san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos