San Francisco News
Scooter rider involved in DUI crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An Oakland woman was arrested late Thursday in San Francisco after crashing her car into and severely injuring another woman riding a motor scooter in the city's West Portal neighborhood, police said.
The crash happened just after 11 p.m. at the intersection of Portola Drive and Claremont Avenue, when the vehicle turned left onto Claremont Avenue and hit the 2002 Honda scooter, sending the woman to San Francisco General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The woman later had to have one of her legs amputated below the knee, police said.
Oakland resident Felica Stenson, 35, was arrested and booked on a felony charge of driving under the influence, according to police.
Stenson is being held in San Francisco County Jail on $50,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department.
san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 7 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos