San Francisco News
3-alarm fire damages Silver Terrace home
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco firefighters controlled a three-alarm blaze just over an hour after it started at a three-story home in the Silver Terrace neighborhood of the city Saturday night, a fire dispatcher said today.
Firefighters arrived at the fire, located at 190 Boutwell St., at about 10:30 p.m., Lt. Ken Smith said. They controlled the blaze at about 11:40 p.m., according to the dispatcher.
Everyone was evacuated from the home and no injuries were reported, Smith said.
The third alarm was called at 11 p.m.
Smith said this fire was particularly difficult to fight because there is more than the usual amount of debris inside the wood-framed home.
san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos