San Francisco News
3-alarm fire damages Silver Terrace home
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco firefighters controlled a three-alarm blaze just over an hour after it started at a three-story home in the Silver Terrace neighborhood of the city Saturday night, a fire dispatcher said today.
Firefighters arrived at the fire, located at 190 Boutwell St., at about 10:30 p.m., Lt. Ken Smith said. They controlled the blaze at about 11:40 p.m., according to the dispatcher.
Everyone was evacuated from the home and no injuries were reported, Smith said.
The third alarm was called at 11 p.m.
Smith said this fire was particularly difficult to fight because there is more than the usual amount of debris inside the wood-framed home.
san francisco news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 46 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 38 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos