San Francisco News
SF General on alert after Muni collision
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Many of the people injured Saturday in the collision between two Muni light rail cars were transported to San Francisco General Hospital, about two miles from the scene of the collision.
Hospital staff said 13 patiends arrived Saturday and all were in stable condition. Patients arriving by ambulance all looked alert although some appeared to have suffered head injuries. The hospital activated a level-1 alert so everyone at the hospital would know the ER was full.
"It gets everyone on the same page so that all of the hospital realizes that there has been an incident out in the field, and that we are expecting about 10 people to come into the emergency room," said one hospital administrator. "So, that tells the charge nurses on the floor that you need to move it, that we need to get those people upstairs as quickly as possible, and that any discharges need to be discharged as quickly as possible."
Some nervous friends and relatives gathered at the hospital Saturday evening waiting for information. Administrators said they were getting information to them as soon as they could. San Francisco General said it had enough employees there to handle the situation, citing that they were at level 1, although level 3 is their most dire level.
san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 18 min ago
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T 6 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos