San Francisco News
SF General on alert after Muni collision
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Many of the people injured Saturday in the collision between two Muni light rail cars were transported to San Francisco General Hospital, about two miles from the scene of the collision.
Hospital staff said 13 patiends arrived Saturday and all were in stable condition. Patients arriving by ambulance all looked alert although some appeared to have suffered head injuries. The hospital activated a level-1 alert so everyone at the hospital would know the ER was full.
"It gets everyone on the same page so that all of the hospital realizes that there has been an incident out in the field, and that we are expecting about 10 people to come into the emergency room," said one hospital administrator. "So, that tells the charge nurses on the floor that you need to move it, that we need to get those people upstairs as quickly as possible, and that any discharges need to be discharged as quickly as possible."
Some nervous friends and relatives gathered at the hospital Saturday evening waiting for information. Administrators said they were getting information to them as soon as they could. San Francisco General said it had enough employees there to handle the situation, citing that they were at level 1, although level 3 is their most dire level.
san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos