San Francisco News
Opera singer to sing anthem at Presidents Cup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Opening ceremonies for the Presidents Cup Golf Tournament get underway Wednesday at Harding Park in San Francisco.
The person chosen to sing the national anthem is San Francisco guest opera singer Zheng Cao. She's being treated locally for stage four lung cancer and talked to ABC7 about it.
"This is actually almost six months ago, that I was diagnosed with stage four cancer, lung cancer, and if the doctor was right, I would be almost dead. The fact that I'm alive, I'm still very vital and the fact that I have a voice to sing, with joy, it's a great, great pleasure," said Cao.
Cao is rehearsing day and night. She says it's a great honor to perform in front of President Obama, former president Clinton and the nation.
san francisco news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday