San Francisco News
Chevy's at Embarcadero Center shuts down
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A downtown San Francisco restaurant is now closed and employees aren't happy with the way it went down.
Chevy's shut down its Embarcadero Center restaurant today after 20 years in operation there.
Employees say they received only three days notice about the closure, and weren't given any severance.
That includes Judy Chew, who worked at the restaurant since the year it opened.
"A lot of people have thought of this as their family. We spend more time here than we actually do with our families, and to be given your last paycheck and told 'adios' after three days notice is painful," said Chew.
ABC7 called Chevy's corporate offices for a statement and they did not return our calls.
san francisco news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 24 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 28 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash