San Francisco News
Woman's wedding dress stolen out of trunk in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco theft has dampened spirits for a soon-to-be-married couple, but the wedding will go on.
Maria Guadalupe Lamantia flew in from Idaho on Thursday, for a Saturday wedding to Anthony Martinez.
The couple parked their car in North Beach, on Francisco and Powell streets.
Then someone broke into their trunk, stealing the tuxedo, veil, and a hand-beaded wedding dress that the bride had bought months ago.
"I think I was pretty calm, but I think it was because I was in shock that anybody could do something like that, you know, just take something that was so precious," said Lamantia.
The bride says she shopped all day on Friday and found a dress that fits, but it's not the same. Still, she says that she is grateful for her fiance and said she would get married in blue jeans if she had to.
On a side note, she also said the touch of black on her dress was because she bought it on Black Friday.
north beach, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos