San Francisco News
SF Zoo brings out snow for polar bears
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was snow in San Francisco Monday, at least at the polar bear exhibit at the zoo.
The polar bears felt right at home as the zoo made its own snow to celebrate the arrival of winter Monday morning.
The San Francisco Ice Company donated 10 tons of ice which was chipped into snowflakes and blown into the bear exhibit.
The polar bears could be seen frolicking in the snow at the zoo Monday, but it is a limited-time offer. All the snow will be washed out by Tuesday.
san francisco zoo, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 24 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday