San Francisco News
Glide holds annual Christmas Eve dinner
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It was a busy and happy day at San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church Thursday.
Some 3,000 hungry and homeless were treated to a roast beef dinner.
The dinner is made possible by an annual contribution to Glide's holiday efforts by the San Francisco establishment, the House of Prime Rib.
Glide staff and volunteers are working into the night to prepare for Friday's traditional Christmas meals.
Glide is expecting several thousand people to attend.
charities, christmas, hunger, holiday, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire