San Francisco News
Glide holds annual Christmas Eve dinner
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It was a busy and happy day at San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church Thursday.
Some 3,000 hungry and homeless were treated to a roast beef dinner.
The dinner is made possible by an annual contribution to Glide's holiday efforts by the San Francisco establishment, the House of Prime Rib.
Glide staff and volunteers are working into the night to prepare for Friday's traditional Christmas meals.
Glide is expecting several thousand people to attend.
charities, christmas, hunger, holiday, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 11 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 2 min ago
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown