San Francisco News
Glide holds annual Christmas Eve dinner
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It was a busy and happy day at San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church Thursday.
Some 3,000 hungry and homeless were treated to a roast beef dinner.
The dinner is made possible by an annual contribution to Glide's holiday efforts by the San Francisco establishment, the House of Prime Rib.
Glide staff and volunteers are working into the night to prepare for Friday's traditional Christmas meals.
Glide is expecting several thousand people to attend.
charities, christmas, hunger, holiday, san francisco news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire 59 min ago
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor 54 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest
- Liliger cubs play at zoo in Russia 7 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday