San Francisco News
Pier 39 sea lions may be up in Oregon
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's sea lion mystery may be solved.
They are one of the city's most popular tourist attractions. But hundreds of sea lions have disappeared from San Francisco's Pier 39 in the past month.
Now a couple of thousand California Sea Lions have turned up off the Oregon Coast. Marine experts believe they are the ones that are missing from San Francisco Bay.
"We're seeing the sea lions coming up this way from California because of the feeding. If the cold water fish move north to find colder waters, the sea lions have to eat and they follow the fish wherever they go," said Sea Lion Caves General Manager Dan Harkins.
The California Sea Lions can be identified by the sound they make. They bark rather than growl like the local Stellar Sea Lions from Oregon.
animal, san francisco news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights 58 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bear wanders into residential SoCal...
37 min ago