San Francisco News
Police investigate Sunset Dist. home invasion killing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are trying to determine why two masked intruders shot and killed a Sunset District man during a home invasion Wednesday night.
Xiao "Ben" Xiong Luo, the owner of the home on 2432 Moraga Avenue was killed after the robbers ransacked the house and tied up nine men and women in the basement..
A police source tells ABC7 News that the basement had been renovated into small rooms. Investigators are trying to find out if the home was being used for illicit activities such as prostitution or gambling.
They say no drug paraphernalia or marijuana growing equipment was found.
In recent years, police have raided homes in the Sunset District which have been used for prostitution and as pot growing farms.
sunset district, crime, san francisco news, vic lee
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield 11 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO 22 min ago
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feintsein's vote 56 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- Stray pony found wandering Richmond's Iron Triangle
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP 5 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday