San Francisco News
Police investigate Sunset Dist. home invasion killing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are trying to determine why two masked intruders shot and killed a Sunset District man during a home invasion Wednesday night.
Xiao "Ben" Xiong Luo, the owner of the home on 2432 Moraga Avenue was killed after the robbers ransacked the house and tied up nine men and women in the basement..
A police source tells ABC7 News that the basement had been renovated into small rooms. Investigators are trying to find out if the home was being used for illicit activities such as prostitution or gambling.
They say no drug paraphernalia or marijuana growing equipment was found.
In recent years, police have raided homes in the Sunset District which have been used for prostitution and as pot growing farms.
sunset district, crime, san francisco news, vic lee
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 22 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality 59 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure 47 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos