San Francisco News
Police investigate Sunset Dist. home invasion killing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are trying to determine why two masked intruders shot and killed a Sunset District man during a home invasion Wednesday night.
Xiao "Ben" Xiong Luo, the owner of the home on 2432 Moraga Avenue was killed after the robbers ransacked the house and tied up nine men and women in the basement..
A police source tells ABC7 News that the basement had been renovated into small rooms. Investigators are trying to find out if the home was being used for illicit activities such as prostitution or gambling.
They say no drug paraphernalia or marijuana growing equipment was found.
In recent years, police have raided homes in the Sunset District which have been used for prostitution and as pot growing farms.
sunset district, crime, san francisco news, vic lee
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting 33 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos