San Francisco News
Two people shot near Fort Mason hostel
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two people were shot near a youth hostel in San Francisco's Fort Mason Wednesday night, a U.S. Park Police spokeswoman said.
Park police dispatch received two calls reporting a shooting near the San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel located at Fort Mason Building 240 just before 10 p.m., U.S. Park Police spokeswoman Chris Powell said.
Arriving officers found two people injured by gunfire.
A 22-year-old woman was injured by a bullet that grazed her head, Powell said, and a 17-year-old boy was shot in the stomach.
Both victims were taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated. As of 4 a.m., the injured boy was undergoing surgery and his condition was not known.
Witnesses reported that the shooter was a male who was accompanied by as many as eight other people, Powell said. He was seen wearing jeans and a black hoodie.
Park police have contacted the FBI and the National Park Service to assist with an investigation, Powell said. Areas within Fort Mason, which is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area along San Francisco's waterfront, have been shut down while the investigation is under way.
crime, san francisco news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 21 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 25 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash