San Francisco News
1 dead, 4 wounded in SF nightclub shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police are investigating whether there is a second suspect in a shooting that left one man dead and four others injured by a night club near San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf Sunday morning, a sergeant said.
Lawon Hall, a 19-year-old Richmond man, was fatally shot after someone opened fire on a crowd at about 1:40 a.m. near Suede night club, located at 383 Bay St. Hall was pronounced dead at the night club.
Four other people were injured in the shootings. At least three of the injured people are males, San Francisco police Sgt. Wilfred Williams said.
Two victims' injuries are considered to be life-threatening, he said.
Another injured person is a suspected gunman. The 20-year-old suspect from Richmond was shot by a patrol special police officer and later arrested, Williams said. Patrol special police are community police officers who are chartered separately from the San Francisco Police Department but operate under its supervision.
It is not known if the shootings were gang-related, Williams said, but there was an altercation inside the nightclub that moved onto the street before shots were fired.
Police interviewed witnesses Sunday trying to find other people who may have details about what happened. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Police Department's confidential tip line at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411.
crime, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale 34 min ago
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos