San Francisco News
Man fatally shot in Sunset District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was shot and killed in broad daylight in San Francisco's Sunset District this afternoon and a suspect has been arrested, a police spokesman said.
The shooting was reported at 4:37 p.m. in front of 1839 Irving St.
"Officers were in the area, heard the gunshots and responded immediately," police Officer Boaz Mariles said.
Officers apprehended the suspect and rendered aid to the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect was only described as male. Mariles said officers have recovered the weapon believed to have been used in the slaying.
crime, sunset district, san francisco news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 14 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros 40 min ago
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
14 min ago