San Francisco News
Pedestrian seriously injured in Muni accident
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian running to catch a bus was seriously injured this afternoon when he apparently tripped and the bus ran over him, San Francisco Municipal Railway spokesman Judson True said.
The accident occurred at about 2:40 p.m. on Stanyan Street near Fulton Street.
True said initial reports indicate the pedestrian fell while running to catch the 33-Stanyan bus as it pulled away from the bus stop.
He suffered a major leg injury and his wounds are believed to be potentially life-threatening.
Buses are being re-routed around that intersection.
muni, car crash, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 40 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 14 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla. tornado 32 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition 13 min ago
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage 5 min ago
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house...
17 min ago
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla....
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos