San Francisco News
Pedestrian seriously injured in Muni accident
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian running to catch a bus was seriously injured this afternoon when he apparently tripped and the bus ran over him, San Francisco Municipal Railway spokesman Judson True said.
The accident occurred at about 2:40 p.m. on Stanyan Street near Fulton Street.
True said initial reports indicate the pedestrian fell while running to catch the 33-Stanyan bus as it pulled away from the bus stop.
He suffered a major leg injury and his wounds are believed to be potentially life-threatening.
Buses are being re-routed around that intersection.
muni, car crash, san francisco news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 24 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home 27 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 11 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
12 min ago
- Vernon's View: "When we play them it's...
33 min ago
- Trial begins in Montana newlywed murder case
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos