San Francisco News
Academy of Sciences reveals 2010 neighborhood free days
SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco has announced the dates of its neighborhood free days for 2010.
For the past 11 years, the museum has designated certain weekends each year where residents can enter free of charge with a valid photo ID and proof of residency.
This year, each neighborhood will be assigned two weekends during which residents will receive free admission.
The free days will run from April 23 to June 13 and from September 10 to November 7.
Information about proof of residency and neighborhood boundaries is available here.
The museum will be free from Friday through Sunday on the following weekends for residents of the following neighborhoods:
Parkside, Sunset: weekends of April 23, Sept. 17
Richmond, Seacliff, Presidio, Western Addition: April 30, Oct. 1
Ingleside-Excelsior, Visitacion Valley: May 7, Oct. 8
Hayes Valley, Tenderloin, Downtown, SoMa, Treasure Island, Mission Bay, Potrero Hill, Bayview-Hunters Point: May 14, Oct. 29
Cole Valley, Haight, Glen Park, St. Francis Wood, Lake Merced: May 21, Nov. 5
Mission, Bernal Heights, Noe Valley, Castro: June 4, Sept. 10
Chinatown, Russian Hill, Nob Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Marina: June 11, Oct. 15
california academy of sciences, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested 40 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos