San Francisco News
Academy of Sciences reveals 2010 neighborhood free days
SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco has announced the dates of its neighborhood free days for 2010.
For the past 11 years, the museum has designated certain weekends each year where residents can enter free of charge with a valid photo ID and proof of residency.
This year, each neighborhood will be assigned two weekends during which residents will receive free admission.
The free days will run from April 23 to June 13 and from September 10 to November 7.
Information about proof of residency and neighborhood boundaries is available here.
The museum will be free from Friday through Sunday on the following weekends for residents of the following neighborhoods:
Parkside, Sunset: weekends of April 23, Sept. 17
Richmond, Seacliff, Presidio, Western Addition: April 30, Oct. 1
Ingleside-Excelsior, Visitacion Valley: May 7, Oct. 8
Hayes Valley, Tenderloin, Downtown, SoMa, Treasure Island, Mission Bay, Potrero Hill, Bayview-Hunters Point: May 14, Oct. 29
Cole Valley, Haight, Glen Park, St. Francis Wood, Lake Merced: May 21, Nov. 5
Mission, Bernal Heights, Noe Valley, Castro: June 4, Sept. 10
Chinatown, Russian Hill, Nob Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Marina: June 11, Oct. 15
california academy of sciences, san francisco news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan 24 min ago
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 54 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 46 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
26 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
42 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop...
24 min ago