San Francisco News
San Francisco holds first 'Sunday Streets' event
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco hosted its first Sunday Streets event of the year Sunday.
City officials closed off about three miles of the Embarcadero from China Basin, past AT&tT Park, all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. Even Pier 39, known, for tourist shops, rolled out events to bring out local residents.
Sunday Streets is designed to promote healthy, environmentally-friendly outdoor activities. There are eight more events scheduled this year. The next one is on April 11 on the Great Highway.
san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday