San Francisco News
San Francisco holds first 'Sunday Streets' event
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco hosted its first Sunday Streets event of the year Sunday.
City officials closed off about three miles of the Embarcadero from China Basin, past AT&tT Park, all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. Even Pier 39, known, for tourist shops, rolled out events to bring out local residents.
Sunday Streets is designed to promote healthy, environmentally-friendly outdoor activities. There are eight more events scheduled this year. The next one is on April 11 on the Great Highway.
san francisco news
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry 42 min ago
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos