San Francisco News
DA drops more drug cases due to crime lab scandal
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco prosecutors dropped another 20 drug cases Friday in the on-going police crime lab scandal.
About 550 cases have already been dropped because the lab was unable to test drugs.
The police crime lab was closed last month after former employee Deborah Madden was accused of stealing cocaine evidence. Madden has not been charged.
New investigations are now showing the drug lab problems could go back several years and convictions that prosecutors won years ago could be at risk.
SFPD, san francisco news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday