San Francisco News
DA drops more drug cases due to crime lab scandal
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco prosecutors dropped another 20 drug cases Friday in the on-going police crime lab scandal.
About 550 cases have already been dropped because the lab was unable to test drugs.
The police crime lab was closed last month after former employee Deborah Madden was accused of stealing cocaine evidence. Madden has not been charged.
New investigations are now showing the drug lab problems could go back several years and convictions that prosecutors won years ago could be at risk.
SFPD, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos