San Francisco News
DA drops more drug cases due to crime lab scandal
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco prosecutors dropped another 20 drug cases Friday in the on-going police crime lab scandal.
About 550 cases have already been dropped because the lab was unable to test drugs.
The police crime lab was closed last month after former employee Deborah Madden was accused of stealing cocaine evidence. Madden has not been charged.
New investigations are now showing the drug lab problems could go back several years and convictions that prosecutors won years ago could be at risk.
SFPD, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 17 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 36 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed