San Francisco News
More cases dismissed at SFPD drug lab
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- More than a dozen criminal drug cases in San Francisco were dropped on Friday.
The San Francisco district attorney dismissed some 16 trials and another 10 or so cases in their preliminary hearing phase.
This is all fallout from the retired lab technician who is accused of stealing cocaine evidence from the crime lab. But Deborah Madden has not been charged.
Nevertheless, the district attorney reports some 325 or so cases she may have handled have now been dismissed.
SFPD, animal, san francisco news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 21 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday